1. How do I use MyCookAround?
- MyCookAround has the easiest possible manipulation. Even elderly people can manage. The User signs to be either a Cook or a Guest. Everyone can be both and switch in their account between Cook ‘s and Guest ‘s profile. Users can log in with an email address, Facebook account or Google account.
- You must fill all profile details, including a short introduction e.g. “Farmer growing the best oranges”, “Stay at home mother who cooks for her family every day and takes pride in quality of ingredients and likes to meet new people” or “ Single man who loves to cook but hates to eat alone”, „Farm growing the best organic chickens“, and upload a profile picture.
- Then you create your Offer (plus icon on Cook ‘s profile) – it can be one portion of any meal you are cooking, several course menu, event, anything you prepare (homemade jam) or grow (one kilogram of oranges) at home or a cooking class where you offer the whole experience to your Guests. You have to upload a picture of your Offer, fill the description, set the price, how many portions/items/seats you have available, date and time of serving/taking place, estimated time of consumption, take away/eat with/both option and your Offer is online. If someone is interested in your Offer, you will get a notification either as a chat request or a direct Order. You can chat with your Guests about an additional questions regarding your Offer (when exactly they come etc.).
- As a Guest you set filters – distance from the place where you are located at the moment, price range, time, food restrictions, quantity and in case of meal constumptions if you want to eat with or take away. Also you can use key word search. Then MyCookAround gives you matches with the Offers and you can start browsing. The Offers you like you can easily directly Buy via MyCookAround, or cash at Cook’s place or agree with the Cook on any suitable kind of an online payment.
- After Meal sharing/purchase/experience is due, you can rate under each profile of both Cooks and Guests, which builds trust in the community.
- When you see that a User on the other side is violating our Terms and Conditions, you can report them.
2. What are MyCookAround policies?
MyCookAround has a strict nondiscrimination policy. MyCookAround is at its core, an open community dedicated to bringing the world closer together by fostering meaningful, shared experiences among people from all parts of the world. Our community includes people from virtually every country on the globe. It is an incredibly diverse community, drawing together individuals of different cultures, values, and norms.
The MyCookAround community is committed to building a world where people from every background feel welcome and respected, no matter how far they have traveled from home. This commitment rests on two foundational principles that apply both to MyCookAround’s Cooks and Guests: inclusion and respect. Our shared commitment to these principles enables every User to feel welcome on MyCookAround no matter who they are, where they come from, how they worship, or whom they love.
MyCookAround Cooks welcome Guests of all backgrounds with authentic hospitality and open minds. Joining MyCookAround, as a Cook or Guest, means becoming part of a community of inclusion. Bias, prejudice, racism, and hatred have no place on our platform or in our community. While Cooks are required to follow all applicable laws that prohibit discrimination based on such factors as race, religion, national origin, and others listed below, we commit to do more than comply with the minimum requirements established by law.
3. Who can be a Cook?
All farmers, farms, all homemade food producers or anyone who cooks their meals at home can become a Cook of MyCookAround. Home Cooks can sell one portion of any meal as well a whole event of 5 course menu. Time does not matter. They can sell breakfasts, lunches, dinners or snacks. Also anyone who prepares any kind of food like homemade jams or cookies can sell them via MyCookAround. If you are a farmer grow your own products, MyCookAround is a perfect marketplace for you. If your cooking is really good and you feel confident enough to organize the whole cooking session, you can offer a cooking class. The only limit is the age. You must be over 18 years old.
4. What do I need to create a Cook’s profile?
Only a smartphone, tablet, laptop or a PC to use the Platform. Creating of the profile is doable only via MyCookAround platform and takes approximately 10 minutes.
5. What kind of photo should I upload in my profile?
It has to be a genuine photo of yourself. As a farm, be it a pic of some of your farmers or he farm. As a private Cook, the best would be a picture in your kitchen when you are cooking or farm where you are working and mainly smiling.
6. When will my Offers go online?
Immediately. You don‘t have to wait for any approval.
7. What do I get for the membership I pay to MyCookAround?
A powerful, online presence. MyCookAround actively markets your Offers. A dedicated team verifies Guests reviews, making sure they are legitimate. This gives you credibility and helps future Guests make the decision to stay with you. 24/7 support is here for you and your Guests
8. How many portions/events/items/kilograms can I sell?
It totally depends on you. If you want to increase your sales as a home Cook, the best way is to have planned what you will cook on a specific day and to upload your Offer a few days in advance. If Guests buy fast, you can upload again and set higher amount of portions/seats at table/items available. It is important to find a good balance to have enough time to get ingredients and sell as much as possible in order not to have any waste. And of course the more Offers you upload, the more sales you will make.
9. Do I have to sell only main courses as a home Cook?
Not at all. If you are good at baking, you can sell your homemade cookies. If you have time only in the morning, you can sell only breakfasts. If you make homemade jams or grow apples, you can sell them. If you want to spend time with your Guests and make more money, you can sell the whole event or a cooking experience. The only condition is homemade food or homemade product.
10. As a home Cook should I sell only one meal or serve the whole menu?
You have to find your balance. You can sell 5 course menu or just one meal or both at the same day. Actually the more Offers you create, the higher your sales will be. You can cook several courses and upload them together and also separately as different Offers.
11. As a home Cook: What if I am not interested in social dining but I only want to sell meals?
Then you simply set a function “take away” in your Offers. In this case, please always have food containers. The recommendation of MyCookAround is to use paper boxes, which are recyclable. Also there are Guests who bring their own containers, which you can agree on in a chat.
12. What if I want to sell my Offers as a home Cook at my place but I only have limited time to spend with my Guests?
We have a function where you set your “estimated time of consumption” in every Offer upload. It is up to you if you want to limit the time you spend with your Guests or you want to keep it open. But be aware of a fact that the more time you spend with your Guests, the more you can charge for it.
13. How do I set the price?
How you evaluate your Offers is up to you. If it is one meal Offer, we recommend to set the price per meal a little bit lower than restaurants sell the same meal for. For example: if “spaghetti carbonara” in your neighborhood is sold for 10 Euro, set your price to 8 Euro. If you are a farmer or homemade food producer, sell for the price you sell regularly.
14. How much money can I make on MyCookAround as a Cook?
If there is no regulation in your country that would limit income via online platforms, it totally depends on your activity and will. You can sell one meal per week just not to eat alone when you cook or you can make it your full time business and cook and sell or organize events everyday. If you like the concept of MyCookAround, you can make it your full time business. If you have already an ongoing registered business (farm, homemade food producer), MyCookAround will increase your sales significantly.
15. As a Cook, how do I deal with Orders I get?
When you get an Order from a Guest, you get an email notification to the email address you wrote in registration of your profile.
16. Is there any way how I can increase my profit as a home Cook?
To increase your profits, it is good to follow pricing strategy based on anticipated demand. For instance, times of high demand may lead to higher Offer rates, in order to maximise revenue. When you see that you live in a tourist area and your Friday evening Offers disappear fast, why not make more of them and for a bit higher price? (We still recommend to be cheaper than a restaurant to attract more people).
17. If I am paid via Platform MyCookAround and want to avoid unnecessary bank transfer fees, how do I do it?
The best way is to set your payment threshold to a certain amount and you will get your payments after you reach it. If you don ‘t set the threshold, you will get your due pay out every Wednesday.
Etcetera Business and Tourism s.r.o.
ID No.: 068 65 453
VAT reg. no. CZ06865453
110 00 Praha 1
Tel: +420 605 268 043
Subject registered in the Register of the Municipal Court in Prague under file no. C 290385
Tal-Pietà PTA 9041
Måsvägen 7b 1102